Celebrating 75 years of the AVTRW
We are pleased to announce the launch of our Diamond Jubilee Award to support undergraduate research projects relating to the veterinary profession.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The AVTRW Diamond Jubilee Award is open to undergraduates studying veterinary medicine or animal related science degrees. We will accept applications from students in any year of their course, who will not have graduated by the time their project starts. Students must be affiliated with a UK or Irish university or college, and be a student member of AVTRW.
SCOPE OF RESEARCH PROJECT
We are looking for projects that will be of interest to the veterinary profession, including veterinary education, which are based on sound scientific principles. The grants are for supervised, extra or intra-curricular projects.
- Three grants/awards of up to £1500 each are available for projects lasting up to 8 weeks full-time during the allocated year. These 8 weeks can be spread throughout the year. Start and end dates, along with timings of the project should be clearly stated in the application form.
- The student must be supervised by a staff member at the institution where they are studying, who has the relevant research experience. The supervisor is responsible for supporting the student at all stages of the project.
- Acceptance of an award carries an obligation to present a poster or oral abstract at the AVTRW conference in September 2022, to be held in London (travel and accommodation expenses will be provided).
- Grant awards are subject to ethical review by the host institution, evidence of which must be provided to AVTRW.
- The deadline for application submission is the 23rd December 2021, and successful applicants will be notified before 31st January 2022
Applications can be submitted using our online form (please note that partially completed forms cannot be saved and returned to later). Queries can be directed to the Honorary Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.